In this FAA Pilot Minute video, Dr. Susan Northrup, the federal air surgeon, prescribes a few easy but important steps you can take to facilitate this important task.
- Be sure each page you submit is legible and includes your name, the date, and any identification numbers assigned in letters from the FAA.
- Make sure your contact information is current in the FAA’s MedXPress system.
- Be certain that all letters including summaries from physicians are signed and dated.
- Check your information packet to assure that it includes all information the FAA requested.
- Keep copies of everything you send.
- Review the Guide for Aviation Medical Examiners to determine what’s required for each diagnosis.
More assistance is available from your aviation medical examiner, regional fight surgeon, or AOPA’s medical resources.