Living over 350 miles away from Sporty’s Pilot Shop makes a drop-in visit impractical, so AOPA Day offers a perfect opportunity for me to take advantage of the retailer’s offerings online October 20. AOPA members will be eligible for free shipping by entering promotional code AOPADAY at checkout.
Sporty’s is synonymous with first-class pilot gear and flight training education through its Learn to Fly training course. Thousands of new pilots have gotten their start in aviation thanks to the Batavia, Ohio-based company.
Like any pilot, I have a never-ending “aviation wish list.” But it’s not every day that opportunities for free shipping pop up, so here’s a look at what I’ll be ordering—maybe it will spark some ideas for you.
- One of my favorite things to do is to spend a weekend at a fly-in. However, as most of us have learned, wheel chocks alone are not enough to secure an aircraft overnight, and tiedowns (when available) can fill up fast if there is a crowd. I’d love to purchase a Claw Tie-Down Kit to ensure I’ll always be able to secure an aircraft properly.
- Although I live in the South, it’s starting to get a little chilly at night. I’m in the market for a new, durable jacket, so this bush pilot jacket fits the bill.
- I’m always on the go, so my iPhone is often in need of a portable charger. This backup battery is the perfect solution.
- I am lucky to fly my friend’s CubCrafters EX-2 Carbon Cub, so as token of my gratitude, I would like to purchase a case of oil to keep handy in the hangar.
- My fiancé and I are buying our first house in the coming months, so these coasters would be put to great use. Who doesn’t love a little aviation home décor?
I hope I was able to add some more items to your personal aviation wish list. For more inspiration, browse the other thousands of items available from Sporty’s Pilot Shop.
Remember, AOPA members can take advantage of free shipping on October 20 by entering the promotional code AOPADAY when prompted at checkout.